Re: ntp 4.2.0 in experimental

* Matthias Urlichs (smurf@smurf.noris.de) [040215 04:25]:
> No, sorry. We decided to remove debconf entirely because there are
> basically two classes of people using ntp:
>
> - People who have their own NTP network. They need to do hand-edit
> /etc/ntp.conf to do some customization (subnet broadcast, secret
> keys, ACLs...) anyway.
>
> - People who don't. Most of them can happily use pool.ntp.org as their NTP
> server, which is the default we're shipping with => no debconf needed.

What's again using debconf with two low-priority questions:
(1) Use debconf to configure this package [yes]
(2) Your default ntp-server [pool.ntp.org]

This way, everyone can have what he wants.

(Or even drop the first question, and use the debconf result only if
the md5sum shows no alteration of the config file.)

Cheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/