Re: ntp 4.2.0 in experimental

Hi, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> It is possible to make the package configure itself at install time by
> using pre-seeded debconf answers like the version currently in
> unstable?

No, sorry. We decided to remove debconf entirely because there are
basically two classes of people using ntp:

- People who have their own NTP network. They need to do hand-edit
/etc/ntp.conf to do some customization (subnet broadcast, secret
keys, ACLs...) anyway.

- People who don't. Most of them can happily use pool.ntp.org as their NTP
server, which is the default we're shipping with => no debconf needed.

If I had to guess, I'd say that there are other packages in debian-edu
which don't use debconf ==> if you want skolelinux to use a customized
ntp(date) conffile, you already know what to do.

--
Matthias Urlichs