On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 07:11:55PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 07:07:44PM +0000, Martin Michlmayr - Debian Project Leader wrote:
> > * Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> [2004-02-14 19:00]:
> > >
> > > This is an important distinction: acting as the DPL implies going over
> > > the head of a delegate, while acting as NM Front Desk implies working
> > > with a delegate. Do you see the distinction?
> >
> > Hmm, I'd think you can also act as DPL by working with a delegate.  It
> > doesn't necessarily have to be "over the head of [them]".  (But
> > perhaps I misunderstand what you're trying to say; in my language,
> > "over the head" sounds quite negative?  i.e. working against them.)
>
> I meant that the people complaining were going over the delegate's head
> by complaining to you directly, not that you were going over the
> delegate's head. Poor phrasing on my part.

Uhm, if the delegate isn't responding at all and apparently not doing
their job who else should they be going to?  Seems logical to me that
you'd go to the person with some form of authority over the delegate in
question.  Also, seems to have worked on at least one occassion.

--
Jamin W. Collins

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. --Aldous Huxley,
"Proper Studies", 1927