On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 11:06:39AM -0700, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> This would be mine.  I wasn't the only one that saw a problem with the
> NM process at the time.  Improvement in the situation require the DPL
> stepping in.

I didn't think the DPL did step in. Martin usually makes it very clear
when he's acting as the DPL and when not, and every time I've ever seen
him working on new-maintainer issues he's doing that with his NM Front
Desk hat on.

This is an important distinction: acting as the DPL implies going over
the head of a delegate, while acting as NM Front Desk implies working
with a delegate. Do you see the distinction?