Re: virus scanning

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 18:38:59 +0100
Josip Rodin <joy@srce.hr> wrote:
> > This is easy to fix, just remove the MX record that points to gluck!  MX
> > secondaries don't provide any benefit with the way the Internet works today.
> > They just cause needless bounces and administration problems.
>
> No, they don't, when they're set up properly. I prefer that when the primary
> mail server is down that incoming mail is stored on the secondary so that I
> know how much there is, to be able to view some of it if it's urgent, and to
> flush it as I like when the primary goes back online.

I'm been thinking about making my primary MX push out alias files which
point to mbox files for each and every user the primary MX would accept
mail for; this mainly to avoid the hundreds of frozen messages that get
put in whenever the primary is down for a half-hour.

Unfortunately, I'm still short of finding an elegant solution for
flushing that mail to the primary when the time comes. The mail doesn't
*need* to be stored in seperate mboxes or anything, but I'd prefer it
available in some format other than the secondary MTA's queue :) The
most elegant solution I've found for it is using fetchmail or similar
from the primary - but good god, that's ugly ;)

Any thoughts? Hoping somebody else has already solved this problem :)