Re: virus scanning

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 00:40, Lars Wirzenius <liw@iki.fi> wrote:
> la, 2004-02-14 kello 15:18, Russell Coker kirjoitti:
> > Could virus scanning be installed on master?
>
> I tried clamav for a while last year, and its recognition rate was
> abysmal. Is there a better free anti-virus software or did I just not
> manage to get it working correctly?

clamav seems to work OK.  It's recognition could be better, and it doesn't get
updated as fast as I'd like.  Maybe we could have it use a second source of
virus definitions that we update?

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 01:53, Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> wrote:
> A much worse problem, IMHO, is the fact that gluck relay mail to
> master for @debian.org addresses which do not exist and then master
> generates a bounce, instead of gluck rejecting the mail during the SMTP
> dialogue.

This is easy to fix, just remove the MX record that points to gluck!  MX
secondaries don't provide any benefit with the way the Internet works today.
They just cause needless bounces and administration problems.