Op za 14-02-2004, om 08:37 schreef Anthony Towns:
> > > Well, then they're wrong. Some ports are lagged, yes, but none is that
> > > lagged that it will be a problem to release.
> > Wait until the release comes nearer... ;)
>
> Eh? When the release gets nearer, we stop sending new packages to the
> buildds to get built at all, so laggy CPUs or admins start mattering
> very little.

Except that in the last days/weeks before a freeze starts, some people
suddenly wake up and start uploading loads of new packages so that they
can still squeeze it in the upcoming release. We've seen that at the
time of the woody release, and it resulted in a backlog that took us a
few weeks to catch up with.

--
Wouter Verhelst
Most people have two reasons for doing anything -- a good reason, and