Re: How does a port become real?

On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 12:07:17AM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

> > > Woody did it before, converting to pools. The transition was finalized
> > > end of last year when the last of potato was removed I think.
> >
> > No, it didn't, the Packages files changed paths but no data was moved out of
> > the same toplevel directory.
>
> I don't thing anything else is planed for "segmenting" the mirror.

Well, it better be, because it's silly to believe that the mirrors
should just keep updating their exclusion lists or available space
whenever we want to add an architecture... the ftpmasters are quite
correct to be hesitant of adding new architectures because we don't
handle the space issue well enough with the current set, let alone
with new stuff being added.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.