On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 12:51:36PM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

> > > None of the ports are significantly lagged at the moment.
> > Other people do think different about that.
> Well, then they're wrong. Some ports are lagged, yes, but none is that
> lagged that it will be a problem to release.

Wait until the release comes nearer... ;)

> > Have you asked him about his reason not applying as NM? When not, how can
> > you say he has no reason to blame? Have you asked me why I'm not a DD,
> > although many people tried to persuade me to become one?
> I have, a few times, but never really got an answer -- at least not
> AFAICR.

Hmmm, I talked to some people about the reasons, thought you were one of
them... ;)

> > > People who aren't developers have less experience working with Debian
> > > almost by definition:
> > Uh? That's obviously nonsense.
> No, I agree. There are a bunch of things you cannot do as a
> non-developer -- everything that requires you to have a gpg key in the
> debian keyring -- so you obviously cannot have experience in those areas
> if you're not a DD.

Well, my understanding of "Debian" was as a distribution, not as an
organisation. People who aren't DDs have less experience working with the
Debian distribution almost by definition - that's nonsense.
The same with Debian as organisation is a different thing. "Debian" as a
word is somehow interpretable... ;)

--
Ciao...              //
      Ingo         \X/