On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 10:50:50AM +0100, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 03:32:56PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > > However working around a lagged and unresponsive port is a lot
> > > harder.
> > None of the ports are significantly lagged at the moment.

> Other people do think different about that.

Yes, but Release Mainteners opinion has a lot more weight. The situation
NOW is a lot better than it was a few days before this flamefest begun.

> > They shouldn't stir up trouble when there simply
> > isn't a serious problem...

Judging from all the evidence that is available publicly ( buildd.d.o,
packages.qa.d.o, bjorn.haxx.se/debian etc) There was and for lesser
extend still is a serious problem. Most of > 10d waiting packages were
either Out of Date or waiting for something that is Out of date.
(Actually this seems changed slightly since I last checked, perl
 is holding a lot because of A RC bug that doesnt seem that RC,
 and there has appeared a RC bug in the alsa-jack + rdpes chain).

Since you disagree, I would like to know what I have missed,
what is the information I am overlooking that would tell me that it
is obvious that there was no serious problem.

> > > Just to make myself clear, most buildd maintainers do a spectacular
> > > job, all my (mostly stupid) questions and requests have been handled
> > > timely.
> > ...as you point out.

> I believe you missed the little word "timely" now or ignore the qt-x11-free
> problem lately. Otherwise you should clarify your definition of "timely",
> please.

Emphasis on the "my" part. I know other people have had more trouble,
but I dont like spreading secondhand information.

I didnt request for qt-x11-free on mipsel since when I noticed it being
stuck,  there was already a recent request(s!) on depian-mips list.
I asked if anyone knew who had an an mipsel machine around. I was
directed to Goswin, who told me there should be no need to panic
since qt was already on the top of needs-build list, and should
thus be compiled soon. I disagreed, since I remebered seeing
qt week earlier in the pole position too. Goswin told that I
must have remembered wrong since the need-build list is fifo.
Since my memory occasionaly leaks, I assumed that he was right.
Few days later I came back asking howcome nothing has changed, but
at that point qt was already being built.

OTOH, at the same time I asked why the arm-version of qt-x11-free had
been uploaded but not installed for a few weeks. The person responsible
for the buildd told me that he would look at it and soon enough told
me that the changes where just signed and accepted.

--
Riku Voipio  	       |    riku.voipio@iki.fi         |
kirkkonummentie 33     |    +358 40 8476974          --+--