Op vr 13-02-2004, om 10:50 schreef Ingo Juergensmann:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 03:32:56PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
>
> > > However working around a lagged and unresponsive port is a lot
> > > harder.
> > None of the ports are significantly lagged at the moment.
>
> Other people do think different about that.

Well, then they're wrong. Some ports are lagged, yes, but none is that
lagged that it will be a problem to release.

[...]
> Have you asked him about his reason not applying as NM? When not, how can
> you say he has no reason to blame? Have you asked me why I'm not a DD,
> although many people tried to persuade me to become one?

I have, a few times, but never really got an answer -- at least not
AFAICR.

> > People who aren't developers have less experience working with Debian
> > almost by definition:
>
> Uh? That's obviously nonsense.

No, I agree. There are a bunch of things you cannot do as a
non-developer -- everything that requires you to have a gpg key in the
debian keyring -- so you obviously cannot have experience in those areas
if you're not a DD.

--
Wouter Verhelst
Most people have two reasons for doing anything -- a good reason, and