Re: Strange FTBFS on s390

Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> writes:

> On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 10:47:41AM +0100, Johannes Rohr wrote:
>
> > Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> writes:
> >
> > > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=172339
> > >
> > > Probably the buildd admins patched/upgraded apt to work around this on other
> > > architectures.
> >
> > If I understand your last comment to that bug correctly, the issue should
> > no longer be there, except in very rare exception.
>
> That's not quite true; the bug is fixed in sarge, but will not be fixed in
> woody.
>
> > So what can I do in order to get my package into sarge? Should I ask the
> > s390 buildd admins to increase the config value for the dpkg command line
> > even more?
>
> No, the config option does not exist yet in the version running on the s390
> buildd.  The fix is to upgrade apt.

But then it still breaks for the woody -> sarge update all the users
will have to do.

I think resolving the cyclic depend is a far better solution.

> > P.S.: What is the correct address to contact in order to ask for a
> > rebuild attempt on a specific arch?
>
> I think debian-<arch>@lists.debian.org is usually a safe bet.

http://www.buildd.net/ and then look for the email of the person that
failed the build last time. He is the best to ask in case something
else did go wrong or he might already be working on it. The email of
the m68k-build list is on those pages too. Hopefully the remaining
archs send in the missing infos too.

MfG
        Goswin