Hi!

On 2004-02-11 15:44 +0100, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:
> Well, when you read Nathanaels mail very careful, he didn't called him being
> an idiot, but said he should act like an idiot, but he can go on like that
> when he wants to act like that.

I really use these terms differently, but I understand now what you
(and the other responders) mean. Nathanael, I apologize for being
unprecise.

> That's a smart way of a flame. Quite subversive, without saying exactly
> something precise. :->

Maybe, but apparently I was not the only one who was distracted by it.

> Well, getting rude (!=impolite) sometimes give better attention than just
> bidding in a submissive way.
> There already were tries to solve that without getting rude, but when those
> are ignored, there's need to speak another language.

I still refuse this attitude (I'm a fan of voting, maybe because I had
been the speaker of our student's council for 2 years), but if you
have success with it, then please go ahead. I just wanted to make
clear that not everybody might support it.

> Hmm, I would consider a GR as a last ressort of solving this problem,
> because it means for me that the person is no longer trusted in some way.
> I would prefer to solve this problem in a better way without a GR.

Me too, by all means. GRs are actually not intended for nontechnical
issues like this, common sense and some objectivity should be able to
sort that out. We should not abuse GRs to put and end to every
flamewar.

I only wanted to point to the possibility that there are other last
resorts than "speaking another language". If you really think that the
latter was better than voting and in fact the only possibility, then I
actually understand how Manoj, Anthony & Co. got such an attitude.

NB that "understand" does not mean that I support it (which I don't);
it is just a chicken-egg-question, so I cannot and will not decide who
is really responsible for the current stalemate situation.

Have a nice day and have fun everybody!

Martin
--
Martin Pitt                 Debian GNU/Linux Developer
martin@piware.de                      mpitt@debian.org