Re: 2.6 kernel boot crashing

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 02:32:43PM -0700, Thomas E. Vaughan wrote:
> Is it reasonable to request that Herbert Xu, or whoever is in charge
> of configuring the relevant Debian kernels, turn off the PnPBIOS
> support until this is fixed upstream.  Should someone (like me) file a
> bug report?  If so, then against which package?

Certainly reasonable.  I'm surprised, frankly, that those options were
enabled.  Herbert may have a good reason for doing so, but I'm not sure
what that might be.  You could probably file it against the kernel image
you installed.  That way we will know which architectures are giving is
problems w/that particular kernel option.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/