Martin Pitt <martin@piware.de> wrote:

> Right, it may be subjective; according to my subjective feeling I
> found AJ's answer appropriate, and calling people idiots not.

[...]

> I will certainly get impatient and upset, but you will not find me
> calling Anthony, Nathanael, you, or anybody else an idiot.

[...]

> So what can be done about this? Calling people idiots will only help
> to destroy your credibility and reputation, so IMHO is not an option.

whereas the actual quote is:

  You have several choices if you want to argue with me intelligently,
  rather than *acting like* an idiot (of course, you're free to continue
  to *act like* an idiot):

[emphasis is mine]

If you cannot grasp the difference between what Nathanael wrote and what
you claimed multiple times that he wrote, I am sorry for you.

--
Florent