Re: Bug #194195 prevents XFCE4 from entering testing

On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 01:04:37PM +0000, Simon Huggins wrote:
> 'ello
>
> On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 11:56:59AM +0100, Otto Wyss wrote:
> > I'm wondering (1.) why this bug never got fixed and (2.) why this
> > prevents XFCE4 from entering testing.
>
> Well the maintainer has said in that bug that "the whole XFce4" will be
> removed from sarge which seems a shame.
>
> Why is that?

Because I do not consider XFce4 to be ready for testing in the state it is at
the moment. Anyway. Norbert said he was going to take care of the problems as
co-maintainer (and update the whole thing to 4.0.3.1 while he is at it) --
quite a large thanks to him for this. I think that once the RC-Bugs we know
about right now are fixed, XFce4 could be released with Sarge.

--
  .''`.   Martin Loschwitz           Debian GNU/Linux developer
 : :'  :  madkiss@madkiss.org        madkiss@debian.org