Re: ANNOUNCE: please test the new fetchmail package

Graham Wilson <graham@debian.org> said:

> I have just uploaded a new fetchmail package (6.2.5-1) for powerpc and
> i386 to experimental.
>
> The release has some fairly significant changes in the packaging. For
> example, I've removed all of the debconf prompting, and have tried to
> use better defaults. I've also removed support for running fetchmail as
> root.

Removing? While having a package not running as root per default is
better than the contrary, I'm a bit concerned with software that does
not allow me at all to run it a specific user....

--
Mathieu Roy

  | General Homepage:           http://yeupou.coleumes.org/             |
  | Computing Homepage:         http://alberich.coleumes.org/           |
  | Not a native english speaker:                                       |
  |     http://stock.coleumes.org/doc.php?i=/misc-files/flawed-english  |