Re: gcc as optional

Hi!

On 2004-01-27 12:54 +0100, A Mennucc1 wrote:
> I here propose that gcc (and companions) become "Priority: optional"

I second that. I often install Debian on routers and firewalls (of the
class Pentium 60 with 400 MB HD), and the first thing I always have to
do is to get rid of this bunch of development tools. Also, the
computer of my girlfriend does not need a compiler and so do many
workstations.

Have a nice day!

Martin

--
Martin Pitt                 Debian GNU/Linux Developer
martin@piware.de                      mpitt@debian.org