Re: Uploads to ftp-master not working - connectivity?

On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 08:39:58AM +0100, Marc Haber scribbled:
> On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 02:25:53 +0100, Marek Habersack
> <grendel@debian.org> wrote:
> >Well, I've just tried uploading with ncftp. The upload starts fine, but
> >after uploading a few kb, it slows down to a halt and then times out. I'm
> >uploading from a cogent-connected machine, can anyone connected through them
> >check whether they have such a problem as well?
>
> How about scping to a Debian box and ftping to ftp-master from there?
It seems the problem is with Cogent upgrading their network to a single ASN,
replacing routers etc. during the period of the next three weeks. Some
routes are forced to return to the Cogent network via the new ASN, which
overloads some of the routers. auris.d.o seems to be one of the affected
routes.

thanks,

marek