Rejection of patches -- Libtool1.4 deprecation

tags 224437 - pending
tags 224437 + fixed-upstream wontfix
severity 226997 wishlist
tags 226997 + fixed-upstream wontfix
thanks

After careful consideration, I've decided to no longer apply feature
enhancements to the libtool1.4 package.  Software requiring support for
these, and any other new architectures, should use the Debian 'libtool'
package.

I will also not attempt to correct any bugs or flaws in libtool1.4 which
can be corrected by upgrading to the supported version.  These will
simply get tagged "fixed-upstream, wontfix" and left with a note telling
you to upgrade.

OTOH important or above bugs will still get fixed, where possible.

This is effectively increasing the level of deprecation of this package,
whilst still providing a greater level of support than any other
distribution offers.

Package maintainers should consider any dependency (whether real or
implied) on libtool1.4 a bug that needs fixing.

Scott
--
Have you ever, ever felt like this?