Re: [custom] The term "flavor" and encouraging work on Debian

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Fabian Fagerholm wrote:

> Actually, I'd like to see the term "Custom Debian Distribution" be set
> aside because a "custom" something is created each time someone modifies
> an original. Debian Enterprise certainly is an original. By the time a
> capable sysadmin has installed it, it will (probably) be "custom".
> ("Custom Custom Debian Distribution", anyone ?)
>
> The term suggests that the distribution is "not-Debian", which is
> unneccessary and confusing.
As non native speaker and also in general I try to avoid joining stupid
naming discussions.  But here is the weak part of the name we have choosen
which has definitely to be clarified in an announcement of those people
who invented the term.

Kind regards

           Andreas.