Re: ftp.au.debian.org

On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 01:45:21PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:

> Yes, but it's somewhat hard to get that without more participation from
> mirror admins and users... it would be most beneficial if some of our
> Australian developers would review the options now, it's pretty hard to
> bring a final verdict from thousands of kilometers away.

G'day from Down Under :-)

I have a personal preference for mirror.aarnet.edu.au because it's been
around forever, and it's reliable. Of course there have been objections in
the past due to the fact that it's inaccessible from outside .au

Can I suggest, that at least in the interim, ftp.au.d.o gets pointed at
mirror.aarnet, whilst an assessment of other options is made? This
alleviates the immediate 404 issue, and gives us a breathing space to see if
there are any other full mirrors running around (I'm not currently aware of
any).

Andrew