Re: popsneaker vs. bandwidth consumption

Paul Seelig <pseelig@uni-mainz.de> writes:

> Unfortunately it is not included in Debian, but there is an apt-get
> enabled .deb repositiory available at "http://ixtools.de/popsneaker/";.
> Maybe someone (other than me ;) would be interested in making it an
> official part of Debian?

<advertise_mode>
mailfilter is packaged and does a similar thing.

Package: mailfilter
 Mailfilter is very flexible utility for UNIX (-like) operating systems to get
 rid of unwanted e-mail messages, before having to go through the trouble of
 downloading them to the local computer. It offers support for one or many
 POP3 accounts and is especially useful for dialup connections via modem,
 ISDN, etc. Install Mailfilter if you'd like to remove spam from your POP3 mail
 accounts.
 .
 With Mailfilter you can define your own filters (rules) to determine
 which e-mails should be delivered and which are considered waste. Rules
 are Regular Expressions, so you can make use of familiar options from
 other mail delivery programs such as e.g. procmail.
</advertise_mode>

--
bye Joerg
2.5 million B.C.: OOG the Open Source Caveman develops the axe and