maildirmake

Hello Debian-Developers,

first, many thanks all of you for your great work.  As I am not a pro, I am
very glad that most of Debian works out-of-the-box.

But, I was looking around and wondering about that I couldn't find any
`maildirmake' for Debian, excluding qmail-src, courier and maildrop, which I don't
want/don't need to use.  Furthermore I'd like to stay with a very small and
clean and free system (only usage of apt-get, don't install any unnecessary
packages).

After searching the web and the debian-pages (for a _long_ time vs. prior
problems) I found this:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2000/debian-devel-200001/msg01717.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2000/debian-devel-200001/msg01719.html

http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2002/debian-user-200206/msg02259.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2002/debian-user-200206/msg02261.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2002/debian-user-200206/msg02278.html

Now I'm wondering about it even more.  IMHO `maildirmake' is _very_
necessary for any mail and as it seems to be only a 2-line-shell-script why it isn't
included anywhere and anyway in the base-system?

Thanks Andreas