Re: new bug tags

Rene Engelhard <rene@debian.org> writes:

> Sure, but the architecture tags can be used n ot only for buildd
> failures?

No, that's my point, IMO they shouldn't be used _at all_ for FTBFS
bugs, because they'd be useless and misleading - and if these tags are
available people will try to use them for FTBFS bugs.

> What if an app just fails on one specific archs during startup or
> during execution?

Sure, fine, whatever, but if you compare arch-specific runtime bugs to
FTBFS bugs, you'll find that the vast & overwhelming majority are
FTBFS not runtime.

--
James