Re: curl, testing and gcc-3.2 (?) (was Re: Debian curl package depends on gcc-3.2?)

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 04:25:52PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 03:56:48PM +0200, Domenico Andreoli wrote:
> > i don't really know where that gcc-3.2 is coming from. as you can see
> > curl doesn't depend on it explicitly.
>
> libcurl2 and libcurl2-dbg depend on libgcc1 on arm. libgcc1 supplies
> certain parts of the C runtime. There isn't really anything package
> maintainers can do about this.

FYI, that's not quite correct.  I spoke to Phil about this on IRC
today; the excessive libgcc1 dependencies on ARM are a compiler bug,
and I sent him the patch for it.  This should be consistent with other
architectures.

Same for any other architecture which has this problem.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz