Re: howto use new debconf templates translations

Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>  I guess it would be a good idea to put it in the po-debconf package, if
> it has been found useful (not tested yet, nothing to test for me there ,).
> You need po-debconf to do that packages anyway and I guess that script
> isn't that huge, is it?

Yes, I rather think po-debconf is the right place. I'm currently
unsatified with the script since it does not merge existing and
downloaded templates (it could use msgcat). Also, there is no security.
Anyone can spoof ddtp.debian.org in the dns, and you get "trojaned"
translations. I would rather see something other than http used as the
transport.. That said, the script works reasonably well for me.

--
see shy jo