Re: [OT] Re: Changes in formal naming for NetBSD porting effort(s)

On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 04:42:23PM +1100, Russell Coker wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 12:33, Adam McKenna <adam@flounder.net> wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 12:37:26PM +1100, Russell Coker wrote:
> > > Tom, your statements don't frighten me.  I am merely pointing out that
> > > the vast majority of Christians will find them extremely offensive.  If
> > > you did not hate Christians so much then you would not be raising such
> > > issues on this list.
> > >
> > > PS  Why don't you sign your messages with your real name Tom Ballard?
> >
> > Speaking as a recovering Catholic, I don't think that Christians will find
> > the names "offensive", however they may give some people the wrong idea
> > about Debian (namely, that it is run by satanists or something).
>
> You appear to have confused the original discussion (using daemon names for
> naming Debian/BSD projects) with the latest twist raised by Tom Ballard
> (whether drinking Jesus' semen would be considered offensive to Christians).

That's a low blow and *not* what I said.  I said I saw a show on TLC
that described the many Jesus-cults in the first few confusing days of
Christianity that were abolished by the Council of Nicea.

I replied on-list because this attack is really beneath you and I refuse
to allow you to weakly twist my words into some sort of depraved
suggestion or that I invented what I said.

I'll reply more in depth off-list.