Re: Release-critical Bugreport for December 12, 2003

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 01:29:49PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 13, 2003 at 01:49:29PM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > No, this points to a problem with the bug list as seen by the testing
> > scripts.  update_excuses for gjdoc says
> >   gjdoc (source, alpha, arm, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc) is buggy! (1 > 0)
> > which is clearly not true if the sarge version of the package has two RC
> > bugs, no matter how you count.  (It should be non-buggy, 1 < 3; and even
> > if the bug you describe existed, it would be 3 > 2, not 1 > 0.)
>
> Uh, no, it's not "non-buggy" if it has RC bugs. If gjdoc has an RC bug,
> it's not suitable for testing or release. Fix that now. The "less buggy"
> stuff should be considered an optimisation, if it doesn't hit your package
> when it should, the solution is to fix the RC bugs in your package.

Why are you arguing with one of your release deputies[1] on a public
mailing list, instead of working out procedures as a group, and present
coherent and consistent recommendations to the rest of the Project?

It's been almost four months since Joey H., Colin W., and Steve L. were
officially deputized; I would have thought this sort of thing would have
been hashed out by now.

Also, why aren't the assistant release managers mentioned on Debian's
organization page?

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2003/debian-devel-announce-200308/msg00010.html
[2] http://www.debian.org/intro/organization

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      A fundamentalist is someone who
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      hates sin more than he loves