Re: Changes in formal naming for NetBSD porting effort(s)

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 10:24:04AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:

| > Demons are evil,
|
| Demons don't exist.  Consequently, their moral value is undefinable.

I claim that their moral value /is/ definable in the context of a
particular mythology even if they don't exist.  In the case of the
Christian religion, demons are generally believed to be evil.

The Christian religion also has plenty of fundamentalists willing to
bash a project merely on the force of the connotations of its name, as
this thread has demonstrated.  I'm not convinced that this is a valid
reason to shun demons as codenames for Debian operating systems, though.

Cameron.