Re: Changes in formal naming for NetBSD porting effort(s)

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 11:06:47AM -0800, Nunya wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 11:42:48AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> > On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 12:02:44 -0500, Nathan Hawkins <utsl@quic.net> said:
> >
> > > Your proposal would change that. I oppose it, and I would oppose it
> > > just the same if you wanted to call them Loki, Kali or Hitler. (To
> > > pick a few at random.) Using names of evil, real or imagined, is not
> > > something that would be helpful to Debian. That kind of publicity we
> > > don't need.
> >
> >          Excuse me? Since when is Kali, the name of one of my Godesses,
> >  a name of evil? What do you have against my religion? I am not happy
> >  with you bandying around such aspersions.
>
> I think this is what my momma meant when she told me to avoid 3 subjects
> in general conversation: politics, sex, religion.
>
> It might offend your freedom of speech but I think we should just all
> agree to drop it, and avoid subjects like this in future.

I think the fundies should crawl back into their spider holes to await
the Apocalypse, while us heathens and sinners who don't TRULY know the
saving grace of Jesus Christ can get back to making the world a better
place.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |           //     // //  /     /