Re: Need help: Idle X-user?

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 07:09:59PM +0100, Dennis Stampfer wrote:

> Is there any way to querry how long a X-user is idle? If not, do you
> think it's okay to write something like "IDLE-Logout does not work
> with X" into Readme.Debian and into the config-file(,manpage, ...)?

  I'm not sure to be honest, but you could look at the code for
 xscreensavers etc.

  As for the libraries and a dependency upon Xlibs you can get round
 this by having the package provide two binaries 'timoutd' and
 'timeoutd-x11' or something similar.

  That way users would install the one they want..

Steve
--
# Debian Security Audit Project
http://www.steve.org.uk/Debian/