Re: Example of really nasty DD behavior

Filip Van Raemdonck <mechanix@debian.org> writes:

> May I remember you it's retitling an RFP into ITP you responded to?
> Which was meant to avoid anyone else going through useless effort while
> the packages are waiting for ftp-master intervenience.

When i started composing my ITP it was not retitled and you had not yet replied.
I was interrupted many times so it took me 15-20 to finish it.
I am not lying.

> Uh-huh. So where was yours to avoid others' duplicate work?

My ITP came on time, before any packaging.

> I think it's wise to see if one is capable of building packages, then ITP.
> As you state, there are too many ITPs which are never fullfilled.
> Since in this case it was an old RFP, I immediately uploaded the packages
> as well.

Yes, too many people not really serious.
Your quick upload without any upstream/old-packager contact made me think
your were not.

> Pity. One of these weeks I was about to contact you to see if you were in
> need of a sponsor of arkhart, following up to
> <sa7brus1b5d.fsf@Elwing.coinnetwork.dl>
> Which is a message you sent to debian-mentors 3 months ago, while you only
> sent ITPs for arkhart 10 days ago. Seems you are a little late yourself?

I thought findind a aponsor was first required, i was wrong.
As you said i looked for a sponsor for many months, and i had no reply, so
i found unnecessary to "reserve" packages in advance.
When i got a sponsor, i did correct this quickly.

Arkhart is uploaded and waiting for approval, so u'd be able to have fun with
it soon :-). In the meantime, you can try slune.

> *Shrug*
> Well, the offer stands. I'm currently working out things with someone else
> to sponsor an RFAd package, but when that's worked out I'll sponsor you,
> if you wish.

I've already found a sponsor.
Thx for your proposal.

Please understand this was not a personnal attack.
There's so many people doing nasty things (like a so famous video player
packager) that i found really important to give a word on the situation.
When you find several ITPs filled more than 6 years ago and an official DD
"seems" not to mind about using the BTS properly, you may wonder about the
future of your prefered distribution.

Thx for your explanation and proposal.

Duck