Re: Some observations regardig the progress towards Debian 3.1

* Brian Nelson wrote:
> Norbert Tretkowski <tretkowski@inittab.de> writes:
> > * Adrian Bunk wrote:
> >> - testing, unstable or Debian 3.0 with backports aren't suitable
> >> for production systems
> >
> > Of course it is, Debian 3.0 with a few _selected_ backports works
> > nice, also on production systems.
>
> Err, do you realize you're telling that to the person that maintains
> the largest collection of woody backports, including probably the
> few selected ones you're using?

There is at least one bigger backports repository. And I'm not using
Adrians backports. But that's both not the point.

> If he's saying they aren't suitable for production systems, you
> should take his word for it.

Unfortunately Adrian didn't wrote why he thinks backports aren't
usable for production systems. The only real problem with backports I
see is that there are no guaranted security updates.

This could be a reason for someone to not using backports. For me it's
not, I'm using my own backports.

--
 - nobse