Re: MIPS port backlog, autobuilder machines and some arrogance

* Marcelo E. Magallon <mmagallo@debian.org> [2003-11-16 12:10]:
>  > [ Responding to this since I've been BCCed. ]
>  Oh, nice.  If hadn't been Bcc'ed you wouldn't respond?

I didn't say that; I simply stressed the importance of (B)CCing
leader@d.o if you want to ensure getting a reply from the DPL.  I
don't read all mailing lists or threads; but I happend to read this
one anyway.

> There are some newer "_very_ powerful" machines with MIPS processors,
> but AFAIK noone has actually ported Linux to them.

Actually, Linux has been ported to all of the CPUs and systems I had
in mind; in fact, ported by the vendor since there's demand for Linux.
The 1 GHz dual-cores I mentioned are one from Broadcom (which drow
also mentioned) and another one developed by PMC-Sierra.

See http://www.broadcom.com/products/product.php?product_id=BCM1250
and http://www.momenco.com/products/jag-atx.html

Wind River has a good table listing most newer mips boards which are
available:
http://www.windriver.com/products/bsp_web/bsp_architecture.html?architecture=MIPS
Also, see the press release from MIPS to see what some companies have
been working on:
http://www.mips.com/content/PressRoom/PressReleases/2003-04-23

--
Martin Michlmayr