Re: How to manage shared Debconf questions?

Ludovic Rousseau <ludovic.rousseau@free.fr> wrote:
> I maintain the source package pilot-link. Pilot-link is a set tools to
> communicate with a Palm PDA (through serial, USB or infra red). This
> source package provides a library libpisock8 and a package with command
> line tools pilot-link.

> The library uses by default the file /dev/pilot. /dev/pilot is, in
> general, a symbolic link to the real device (/dev/ttyS0, /dev/ttyS1,
> /dev/USB0, etc.)
[...]
> In pilot-link 0.11.8-1 I moved the Debconf question in libpisock8 since
> it is by this library that /dev/pilot is used.

> I then received bug #205059 asking to move the question elsewhere. The
> problem described in this bug is that libpisock8 is a dependency for
> evolution and only a few people using evolution also use a PDA.
[...]

So if I were using evolution I could not sync to the Palm PDA? Isn't
this a bug? ;-?

Afaict from your mail the question simply belongs to libpisock8, and
you have an implicit  wishlist bug report against evolution to split
off pilot-support to an optional plugin.
              cu andreas
--
Hey, da ist ein Ballonautomat auf der Toilette!
Unofficial _Debian-packages_ of latest unstable _tin_