Re: ftpmaster accepts packages that have been rejected a few days ago

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 11:09:39PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	And a number of other people, also at various levels of
>  Debian, like James, and respect the work he has put in.  The point?

Later...

> > There must be somthing true in it,
>
> 	I think you really need to examine your understanding of
>  causation.  Lots of people hold a view, so it must be true?

I might have translated an Italian expression in english (this might not have the
same meaning), but i meant that there maust be something in the entire issue
that is true/matter of fact/source of the issue. I did not ment that the
entire issue is true. If people don't like James as DAM, i did not meant that James
is "bad", but somthing bad happened, while he was representing Debian. When
something like that happen i (we?) can't for sure defend or blame James,
because one is more driven by the good things heared, the other is driven by
people saying bad things.

> 	And what about the other people that Like James? Can they too
>  not be wrong?

There must be something true in this too: for example he did something that
people liked a lot (it's all but hard to figure what).

Now It's true that i started this short mail exchange thinking of James
haveing dnoe "yet another ... from elmo": some one sayed it's not. May be.
If we focus on open structure, we must be open not only in users <-> developers
direction but olso developers <-> developers (ftpmasters and keyring), and
developers <-> almost-developers (da-manager).

ciao,
--
Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis              | Elegant or ugly code as well
aliases: Luca ^De [A-Z][A-Za-z\-]*[iy]'\?s$ | as fine or rude sentences have