Re: status of Progeny projects

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 11:49:54AM -0500, Ian Murdock wrote:
> > Note:
> > Ian's mail made obvious the fact that Progeny's work cannot be ok with
> > plenty of ports.
> > So taking Progeny's work is probably not an easy workaround if Debian
> > stills want to maintain lot of ports.
>
> I'll be the first to agree with this, which is why I pointed out in
> the earlier message that this work doesn't aim to compete with/replace
> d-i.

Hear, hear.  IMHO, the majority of the friction against using Debian
is from IA32 users.  Having *multiple* install options seems like a
good thing.  There's no reason to think that d-i will wither as long
as Progeny's work fails to support the breadth of architectures.

In other words, at least one dd believes that Progeny's work is
worthy.

Cheers.