Re: MailMan VERP

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 02:01:28PM -0600, Joel Baker wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 11:03:01AM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> > * Joel Baker
> >
> > | Though I could see something like "send batched normally, send VERP style
> > | on the first list email every day/week/month". Of course, I find it
> > | quite convenient to tell people (who often have no clue what address is
> > | subscribed) to look at the headers to find out, since it's encoded there.
> >
> > You need support for VERP in the mailer to do this, but if you send me
> > a patch, I'll look into it. :)
>
> Don't know that I care enough for my qmail+ezmlm lists, at the moment; as
> I said in the origional message, sending everything out with VERP didn't
> appear to slow things down appreciably.

Last I looked qmail doesn't aggregate multiple recipients into a
single queue entry, so VERP vs. single sender would make 0 difference
in how qmail handles the mail.

--
Elie Rosenblum                 That is not dead which can eternal lie,
http://www.cosanostra.net   And with strange aeons even death may die.