Re: Closing bugs such as 210560

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 11:15:35AM +1000, Russell Coker wrote:
> Should Debian users be expected to forward their bug reports upstream instead
> of filing Debian bug reports?

No. Our users file bug reports against a package as a whole, not the
Debian specific portion. Our users do not and should not need to know
the split between upstream and Debian-specific.

For the same reason we should provide information about upstream changes
that close our bugs in the changelog, as previously discussed ad nauseum
on this list.

If the bugs are not fixed, they should be reopened. Whether they are
upstream bugs or not is totally irrelevant.

Hamish