Re: Debian should not modify the kernels!

On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 12:00:05PM -0700, Erik Steffl wrote:

>   if I get kernel 2.4.22 as a debian package I expect kernel 2.4.22 as
> a debian package, not something else... any debian specific changes
> should result in kernel name change, that's what's expected in kernel
> world (when I get ac kernel I get 2.4.22-ac3)

Me too - if we have to have significantly modified kernels, they should
be labelled as being such.

If the issue here is the grsec patch distributed as a debian package
cannot cleanly apply to the debian kernel sources because they have been
significantly modified; why aren't those modifications distributed as
seperate kernel patches / debian packages in the same way grsec is?

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/