Re: notifications from buildds?

On Aug 14, Mark Howard (mh344@cam.ac.uk) wrote:
 > On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:21:08 +0200, Joerg Wendland wrote:
 >
 > > Hi *,
 > > is there a possibility to get notifications about success or failure of
 > > builds of one's packages without having to poll buildd.d.o? Sorry if that
 > > has been asked before, I didn't find anything.
 >
 > The answer I was given when I asked was that you will be informed of
 > anything you need to deal with through the bts. Most build failures are
 > not your fault (uninstallable packages), so you just have to wait and try
 > again which is what the buildds do automatically. When something is your
 > fault, the buildd maintainers will report a bug.

That strikes me as irresponsible; why should it be the buildd maintainer's job
to monitor your packages?  They should make sure the buildds are working
properly and are kept up to date, nothing more.  I'd say I had more failures
to build due to real platform differences than uninstallable packages (though
I've had both).

I just bookmarked http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=neil and click on
the buildd or excuses links.

--