Re: Debian conference in the US?

Marc Singer wrote:
> (Unintentionally, I first sent the reply to you directly.)
>
> On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 02:09:24PM +1000, Russell Coker wrote:
> > Incidentally "North America" != "USA".
>
> And your point is, what?

that north america contains not one, but three countries: Candada, USA,
and Mexico

i'm a seppo (read: citizen of the USA), and it grates my ears each time
i hear American equated with citizen of USA. there are lots of people
that are americans, that come from North America, Central America, and
South America.

i do have a better word for US citizen, but it is so rarely used, no one
would understand it: Usian. for now, i will continue to use seppo, or
gringo, depending upon my mood and whom i am talking to (if speaking
with mexicans, i am usually a gringo).

this is entirely off topic for -devel, let's move it to -politics or
-curiosa or somewhere else more appropriate.

-john