Re: Answers to "Why is package X not in testing yet?"

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 09:51:15AM -0700, Joe Buck wrote:
> On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 08:37:45AM +0200, Björn Stenberg wrote:
> > Updating fam makes 177 packages uninstallable on alpha: amor, ark,
> > bibletime, dcoppython, eyesapplet, fifteenapplet, galeon-nautilus, ...
> I can't figure out why this is so: why would updating fam break so many
> apparently unrelated packages, but only on alpha?

Pssst, read right to the bottom of the page.

And they aren't unrelated.  Dig around a bit and you'll see that they
are indeed related in some way to fam.

Simon.

--
oOoOo           "I get mail; therefore I am." - Dilbert            oOoOo
 oOoOo                                                            oOoOo