Re: Announcing Debian Package Tags

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 03:19:57AM +0200, Erich Schubert wrote:

> - policy should require that tags are added

This is going to be problematic.  I think it would be better to have an
override system where missing tags can be added by a central authority,
rather than trying to force all maintainers to add tags or be NMUed.

Speaking of adding tags, I've categorized a bunch of packages through the
CGI interface, and while I appreciate its simplicity, it isn't very
efficient for categorizing large numbers of packages.  I would be willing to
put together some simple command line tools to accelerate the process, if
you have not done this already.

--
 - mdz