Re: build-depends loop debhelper and debconf

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 12:27:29PM +1100, Brian May wrote:

 > I tried compiling debconf-utils 1.2.26, but it build depends on
 > debhelper (>= 4.1.27), but debhelper 4.1.31 cannot be installed
 > because debconf-utils hasn't been built yet.

 What I had to do what relax the dependencies a bit (dunno which one I
 actually changed), build one of the tools, installed it, built the
 other, installed it, rebuilt the first one.  I think I started by
 building debhelper.

 > I am going to keep fidling, it appears this compiling debconf for
 > woody may be harder then I first anticipated (eg. it build-depends on
 > po-debconf which depends of gettext in unstable).

 gettext didn't gave me major trouble, IIRC.

--
Marcelo