Re: Strange undeliverable mail.. for a message I did not send

Xavier Roche wrote:
Just to let you know about this reply I received supposedly from postmaster@debian.org (supposedly, since I doubt postmaster automated replies are in HTML as this reply is). The strange thing is that I never sent this message. Seems that spammers are not only poisining our e-mail addresses, but also forging our names to do that. The mentioned attachment is a highly suspicious 'button.bat' file. Let me know if the headers can be of interest.

Probably a virus, with forged from: and envelope data. There is nothing
really efficient to do, except convincing users NOT to use Outlook and
other similar mass-destruction mailers.

What really sounds strange to me is that is not a common virus, it has emulated a message using two 'from' and 'to' forged Debian addresses (mine and Luca's), and then has sent a message about a supposed undeliverable mail forging the Debian postmaster address (I highly doubt the postmaster auto-replier send html messages).

Seems too addressed to Debian.

Agustin Martin Domingo, Dpto. de Fisica, ETS Arquitectura Madrid,
(U. Politecnica de Madrid)  tel: +34 91-336-6536, Fax: +34 91-336-6554,
email:agmartin@aq.upm.es, http://corbu.aq.upm.es/~agmartin/welcome.html