Re: Status of 'muse' package

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> (CCing maintainer and NMUers)
>
> I have a need for some sequencing software, and after finding out about
> muse, was disappointed to find the Debian package in such a state of
> disrepair[0].
>
> I would be glad to take over this package if neither the maintainer nor any
> of the NMUers wants to care for it.  I am going to begin work on an NMU to
> try to fix some of the RC bugs.

Yes, muse is really great, and it is a pity that it is not up to date
in debian. I am a bit  responsible for this, because I did not upload
the version I packaged for demudi :(. Nor did I take the steps to
contact the debian maintainer). You might base your work on that,
don't know if my packages fixes all the bugs, especially the non-PIC
code in shared objects one.
Ah, yes, and it has build-depends for woody, they still might be
sufficient for sid, but with Qt you never know.

Guenter