AW: Status of 'muse' package

(CCing maintainer and NMUers)

> I have a need for some sequencing software, and after finding out about
> muse, was disappointed to find the Debian package in such a state of
> disrepair[0].

> I would be glad to take over this package if neither the maintainer nor
> any
> of the NMUers wants to care for it.  I am going to begin work on an NMU
> try to fix some of the RC bugs.

Hello Matt,

I am still maintaining the muse package and want to build a package of the
recent tarball. However, I want to build it against libiiwusynth and this
package is making the problems since it is outdated and does not fulfill
the needs of muse. If you want to help out, please get in contact with
the libiiwusynth maintainer, he is not able to deal with problems which
are caused by building his package on other archs than i386.

Thanks,

Olaf

P.S.: If you consider building the outdated version in woody against
libqt3c102
then I do not stop you from NMU'ing this version but there are so much
enhancements
since then that it makes much more sense to resolve the problems with
libiiwusynth IMHO.