is an documented not working option a bug? (#181280)

Hello,

maybe someone will help me to understand why this isn't a bug or why
this isn't going to be fixed.

The manpage of "ln" describes the following option:

       -d, -F, --directory
              hard link directories (super‐user only)

I reported a bug because this doesn't work and got the respond that this
doesn't work with linux. Thats OK and I asked to remove the option from
the manpage or a small note that this doesn't work.
The bug just got closed with wontfix.:(

I dont understand why it just got closed and sadly the maintainer didn't
helped me to understand this step.

Maybe someone could help to understand why?

Thank you.

--
Noèl Köthe <noel debian.org>
Debian GNU/Linux, www.debian.org